Reports from articles and medical journals state that sleeping properly is an essential but overlooked necessity. Many people struggle with getting a good night’s rest due to several factors ranging from anxiety, stress to PTSD among others. For some time now, extracted cannabis oil has been prescribed to help them. So, which CBD and CBN products are best for sleep and insomnia?
Does CBD Help with Sleep?
There are a lot of reasons why people experience insomnia. Sometimes, it is caused by mental issues such as anxiety, depression, and PTSD. Some medications and consumption of caffeinated drinks and noise among other things.
In many cases, anxiety is the main culprit and recent research on CBD has revealed that its terpenes and flavonoids can help treat anxiety, the main contributor to sleeplessness. Pain is also another contributory factor when it comes to sleeplessness. Different studies have shown that CBD can reduce pain and discomfort from disease and this can impact sleep positively. So, yes, CBD does help with sleep.
What Can Enhance the Effect?
There are a few compounds that enhance the effect of CBD for sleep. They include:
- Melatonin – research has revealed that when CBD is fused with melatonin, it helps regulate the body’s sleep-wake cycle. Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone in the body that tells it when to sleep and when to wake up. It is created in the body’s pineal gland.
- Magnesium – this is an abundant mineral in the body and is responsible for over 300 chemical reactions which include helping you relax, maintaining energy, and sustaining the heart and blood vessel health.
- Chamomile – it is used as a mild sedative for insomnia along with other sleep disorders. This compound contains apigenin and this is responsible for binding benzodiazepine receptors found in the brain. The process makes it effective as a treatment for sleeplessness.
- Passionflower – it has outstanding calming effects and this makes it work well with cannabis. Recently, this flower has been used in stress-relieving stress with cannabis products. It is geared towards relaxation and a blend of both products can enhance sleep.
- Lemon Balm – it is used to clear stress and it does so by reducing symptoms of PTSD, anxiety, and agitation. More data has revealed that its extracts may also be used to minimize insomnia effects. Aside from these two functions, lemon balm may also calm the senses and all of them lead to better sleep.
- Valerian Root – it have been used for relaxation since the root is known to calm the body. Several studies have shown that valerian root can reduce anxiety, stress, and even panic attacks.
- GABA Supplement – it helps support relaxation as it is a chemical messenger and it doubles as brakes for the nervous system. clinical studies revealed that this supplement can promote relaxation and reduce occasional stress. This will in turn support restful sleep.
- L-Theanine – this supplement is an amino acid and it is responsible for focus, calm, and creativity. When L-theanine is combined with CBD, it can make an excellent sleep-enhancing and anti-anxiety stack. Both compounds do not have side effects and can be effective even after prolonged use.
- Tryptophan – many people with depression have low I-tryptophan levels. Researchers have revealed that taking this compound can address mental health disorders such as bipolar disorder, depression, or obsessive-compulsive disorder. It can also improve mood.
Best CBD Products for Sleep and Insomnia
Here are some of the best CBD products that have been recognized as the most effective in treating sleep problems and insomnia.
Best CBD Oils and Tinctures for Sleep
Sol CBD Advanced Sleep Formula
This new product contains proprietary blend of 6 powerful ingredients that help you fall asleep faster and sleep better. They are as follows: CBD, melatonin, GABA, 5-HTP, Valerian Root, Passionflower. This Advanced Sleep Formula has delicious orange-pinapple flavor. You should mix one full dropper with water and drink it before bed.
Alternatives: CBD PM for Sleep from cbdMD, Nanocraft CBD Night Drops, CBD Sleep Eazzzy from The Hemp Mine
Best CBD Gummies for Sleep
CBD Gummies for Sleep with Melatonin
This product is made for people who want the combined effect of CBD and melatonin for a good night’s sleep. The product is all-natural and vegan-friendly. it comes in 10mg cannabinoid per serving and 5mg melatonin per serving. Pectin is used in creating these CBD gummies as opposed to animal-derived gelatin. Also, red tomato skins are used to give it a rich color rather than artificial alternatives. the ingredients used to make it are 90% organic even though they are only 9 natural ingredients.
Alternatives: Charlotte’s Web Sleep CBD Gummies, Hemp Bombs CBD Sleep Gummies.
Best CBD Sleep Tablets
CBD + Melatonin Dissolvable Sleep Tablets
This dissolvable sleep tablet contains CBD (25mg) and melatonin (10mg). The mixture of both compounds helps you enjoy a restful sleep. As stated earlier, this tablet is dissolvable. It can be ingested by placing the tablet under the tongue and it will dissolve. It has a spearmint flavor and is scored to allow people who are sensitive to melatonin to take half servings. Each bottle contains 30 tablets and it is effective in promoting a restful night’s sleep.
Best CBD Capsules for Sleep
Receptra Naturals Serious Rest Gel Capsules
This capsule is blended with CBD and chamomile among others. It is formulated with organic and natural ingredients that promote sleep and relaxation. The gel capsules contain rich ingredients like peppermint, vanilla, and chamomile. These ingredients are known to support sleep and promote relaxation of the body and mind. The manufacturer uses CBD from hemp flowers with a special extraction method. The hemp is also grown organically and most products in this line are full-spectrum CBD products.
Alternatives: Joy Organics CBD Softgels with Melatonin, Rest CBD Gel Capsules.
Best CBN Product
CBN is not new to the market. It is another cannabinoid found in the marijuana plant as well. CBN, like CBD, interacts with the endocannabinoid system of the body and this affects the neurotransmitters and hormone function. Even though CBN is not as popular as CBD, it has the same effects as the latter. Some of them include reducing inflammation and relieving pain.
Best CBN products are also very helpful for improving sleep and treating insomnia. They have sedating effect on users and cause an overall sense of relaxation and tranquility. The next morning, however, CBN may cause a feeling of sluggishness, as opposed to alertness after using CBD.
Best CBN Oil for Sleep
CBNight Water Soluble CBN Oil
This oil focuses on better sleep and uses hemp extracts and minor cannabinoids for a special formula. This formula offers a restful night without the harmful side effects like dry mouth, grogginess, dizziness, unusual dreams among others. This water-soluble oil is a natural product and is also vegan friendly. It is taken as a tincture under the tongue and it helps you to stay asleep for a longer period. The oil is taken 30 minutes before bed and does not get you high or intoxicated.
Alternatives: Pure American Hemp Oil CBN Sleep Aid Supplement, Lift CBD + CBN Sleep-Well Disposable Pen
Insomnia has a negative effect on health in so many aspects. Taking CBD and CBN can come in handy to solve sleep problems. Both products are derived from the cannabis plant and since they are organic, they do not have side effects. They can be used as the best remedies for insomnia and other sleep issues for a long period and remain effective throughout this time.